Friday, May 22, 2009

SeXXXy Gadget Du Jour!


Hey hey hey, smutwhores! It's time for the SeXXXy Gadget Du Jour! And this time, it's a game! It's a game designed to get you off your fat asses couch and work yo BAHDAY!

Cue Jazzercise music!

It's EA SPORTS ACTIVE for the Nintendo Wii! Yay!

Just in time for summer, this game comes along which includes a leg strap that holds the Wii nunchuk controller for certain exercises, along with a resistance band to do those sexxxy toning exercises such as bicep curls (ooh, tasty!). You can even use it with the Wii Balance Board (that comes with Wii Fit), but you don't need to use it.

I picked this puppy up at HMV on Robson and Burrard last night for $59.99 (so far that's the cheapest I've seen it), and I signed up to do the 30-day challenge. I did a late night workout, and boy was I sweating! Being the nerd that I am, I used it with the Wii Balance Board, and it was engaging. There's lots of videos that guide you as to how to do each exercise properly, and it tells you how much calories you've burned. There's even a journal that asks you questions about what you ate, how much water you consumed, number of hours of sleep, and any other physical activity you did for that day. Also, it's fully customizable so you can create custom workouts.

The only criticism I have so far is that I found the resistance band to be a bit on the flimsy side, so those of you packin' huge bulging guns (i.e. biceps), you might want to invest in a slightly more durable resistance band. But since I have absolutely NO upper body strength whatsoever, this wimpy band is just what I need. Ugh, the shame.

Anywhoo, I'll keep y'all up to date about workin' on my fitness over the next month. I wanna look ABTACULAR! (Or at least have a flat stomach like Kara DioGuardi... perhaps I should shop for a bikini and work on singing "Vision of Love" for full effect? Hmm...)

***UPDATE*** I popped into HMV on Robson and Burrard tonight (Friday, May 22). The price has jumped up to $64.99. Wow, what a difference a day makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment