Monday, May 14, 2012

New Beginnings begin with endings...

Heyo, smutlings! WOW. It's been a long time... too long since I've posted here. So what's new? Um, EVERYTHING. Well, not exactly, but it seems like things have changed for me since I've last posted on here. Still working at the college, and still singing with the Vancouver Men's Chorus. In fact, we just ended our successful SOLD OUT show run of "QUEENS", which I was honoured and privileged to have been a part of in terms of the creative process. I was part of the music selection committee for the show, where there were only 4 guys and the musical director. Back then, we couldn't of imagined how the show would've come together, but WOW. It was AMAZING. And on top, I got cast in three vocal/dance ensembles and a featured solo! But that and a whole lot of practice and rehearsal produced by far the best show the VMC has produced yet. And of course, it was the most fun to do! (But I feel like my body is screaming at me today... I'm all achy, and that cold I've been fighting has finally kicked in...)

Other than that, hmm... well I loved and lost I guess. Heartbroken, but staying strong. Taught me a lot.  The experience made me question what I really want in life, like relationships, or even career, or even what makes me "tick". So yeah, I'm going through an introspective phase of my life right now... taking stock, and changing the things that need to be changed while keeping the things that work. So I'm taking it one step at a time, starting with the things I'm passionate about and tapping into that to drive what I do in life.

Today, I give thanks for all the amazing experiences that I've enjoyed in my lifetime so far. I also am grateful for the experiences I've had with the Vancouver Men's Chorus and with my job. I am also grateful that I've made it this far, in my own way, and that in itself is good. Well, I guess I don't really talk about myself much on here, but thanks for letting me share a little piece of myself with you.

Much gratitude to you all, my smutlings.

Jay xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment