Monday, October 4, 2010

VIFF Queer Flick o' the Day! - THE FAMILY COMPLETE


Hey, hey, smutlings! So like I said, I'm officially bringing you updates on all the queer-flick happenings at the Vancouver International Film Festival this year. So today, I bring you Japanese filmmaker Imaizumi Koichi's controversial film, The Family Complete (Kazoku Complete).

So what's it about? Well, it follows the story of the Kanba family, where Grandpa gets raped by the family "pet" - a guy in a cat-suit named Kuma. This event triggers a virus that causes everyone in the family to get it on with Grandpa, and since most of the family consists of boys, there's a whole lot of man-on-man action. Yep. With Grandpa. Seems kinda icky, dont'cha think?

But now you wanna see it, don't you? Admit it. You do. 

Anyway, I plan to be there, so I'll see what all the hullabaloo is... and of course I'll letcha know what I thought of it! (Follow my tweets via Twitter!)

And just to whet your appetite, my friends at GayVancouver.net did a recent interview with the director of the film! Check it out here!

The Family Complete screens Tuesday, October 5 at 9:30pm, and again on Wednesday, October 6 at 3:45pm, Pacific Cinematheque. For the official film description and tickets, click here!

photo courtesy of Vancouver International Film Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment