Monday, October 4, 2010

Delhi 2010 - From Dengue to DAZZLING! WOW!


Now did ANYONE catch the Opening Ceremony of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games? Last night, while I was blogging, I happen to switch on the CBC live broadcast...

Wow.

Words can't describe what I had just witnessed. The show made me forget all the negative press about the state of the venues and accomodations, and the streak of dengue fever and stomach illnesses ravaging the athletes. India means BUSINESS. Now if the Beijing 2008 Olympics Opening Ceremony was China's way of saying, "Hey World, we're a force to be reckoned with! Make way, b*tches!", India's showcase was like "Hey World, China may be leading, but we're ready to overtake her when she's busy looking at her makeup in the rearview mirror..."

Heck, I could go on the record to say that the Delhi 2010 Opening Ceremony rivaled the Vancouver 2010 Opening... possibly surpassed it on many levels. Okay, spam me now...

(And hey, Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games, look at India; now THAT'S how you put on a show!)

If you wanna see what I mean, here it is in its entirety. Whaddya think? Comment below!

Part 1:


Part 2:


Part 3:


Bravo, Delhi!

image courtesy of AFP/Getty Images via Dailymail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment